Good day? Mine was better. Slightly pissed at my Making Theatre term 2 marks; not bad, but the comments were a tad bitchy. I worked fucking hard on that AV, using a software NO ONE knew how to use and all I got was fine. Fuck off, man, fuck off.
And composure. I am good now, though. Just had dinner round Beth's new flat and it's looking great. The dinner was equally as nice. Except for the mushrooms. I despise those mushrooms. But wine, beef and mash, where can you go wrong?
Many moons ago (last year on Camp Takota Day..) I wrote a post talking about love, which you can read here - HEEEEEEEEEEERE. That post talks about how much love was just a step closer to heart break and that we're all just lovesick junkies searching for our next hit... I never said year ago me wasn't melodramatic! She was sorta right though because face it, how many of us love watching films like the Notebook and ponder a big ol' kiss in the rain. We think it will be passionate and beautiful, when really you'll both just stick to each other's wet clothes and smell like wet dog. Nice.
Now though, I see love in different and open ways. For instance:
1. Mother, Father, Sibling and Nan = that undeniable love for a family member and know they'll do anything for you to see you happy.
2. Ruby (Asian Mom), Ruby (Son) and Tanaka (Sister) = a second family that doesn't feel separated from the first and a love that is a strong as a bloodline love.
3. Drama Family = a love that allowed me to shine and find confidence in the place that I love.
4. Beth = a friendship that extends just University and allows us to be who we are without judgement.
5. Giraffe = a toxic love that spewed self loathing and unhealthy thoughts and behaviours.
6. Pixie = a love that grew from hate and has become stronger than anyone could have thought.
Long story short - love can be anything and can be for anyone. See where it takes you and if it a) makes you feel happy and gleeful, stay and let the love bloom. But if it b) has you reaching for a razor blade; vodka or pills, for goodness sake, STAAAAHP. Please. Giraf - I mean, no person is worth that.