I am back and ready for business! I have signed up for Improv classes, which means I get 8 sessions and that makes me so incredibly excited! More exciting than listening to Funny Man - okay, that's two different forms of excitement..
These past few days have been rather good. I am socialising more, which is great! Had pizza with Beth before rehearsals and invited folk to come Nando's with me. It may seem little, but for someone who suffers from Social Anxiety and gets freaked out whenever I have to ask someone something, this is HUGE. Huge I say!
This past week I have also been listening to a lot of Ed Sheeran. I wasn't a huge fan of him before, but he's really grown on me and has taught me a lot recently, so let's find out!
6 Things Ed Sheeran Taught Me:
1. Beauty comes in all forms ~ Ed Sheeran isn't the conventional attractive man; long ago being ginger, scruffy and so forth would be a major turn off for folk everywhere. Yet, he defies that because he doesn't let that hold him back. He couldn't give two shits about his image and that is inspirational to witness - he is beautiful for being him and that is awesome!
2. Each story is meaningful in its own way ~ The man is like the King of Covers and that is insane. You always think that the original is the best, but nope, not with him. I guess that shows a lot - no story should be left unheard because he adds beauty into a song that isn't even in his, so why leave yours unsaid?
3. You'll never be alone ~ Photograph is the one song that makes me bawl my eyes out and it's because it reminds me that no matter where I am, there is something thinking of me. Whether it's a family member, friend, co-worker or a person who gazed upon you on a train and your image is now embedded in their minds like a photograph. You've made an impact in someone's life and you might not even know it!
4. You can mix business with pleasure ~ If Ed Sheeran can win two Brits, perform stunningly and get smashed in the same night, I'm sure you are capable of greatness if you'll only relax and enjoy the moment - you've earned it!
5. Love is one hell of a chemical ~ It's in your bloodstream, apparently. Most of his songs are about love and heartbreak and that makes him so down to earth - he gets the pain we'll all face in our lives and we can make something beautiful out of it. It also says that we'll going to make the same mistakes over and over again, in some sort of addictive way, but hey, we'll learn. Eventually.
6. There is love for everything and everyone ~ From Taylor Swift to cats, nothing is left out and shows us that our love, respect and attention shouldn't be limited to just one person. It should be to everyone, even to that slice of pizza you're waiting to have!
See, Ed Sheeran is quite the teacher when he's pouring his soul out with his guitar. Either that or I over think too much. Most likely the second one. But hey, great singer-songwriter and I think I love him now. Praise, Ed Sheeran!