My hands are cold, hearing is not great and I'm back in Eltham. What a Sunday, huh? In all seriousness though, it was a good day. I chilled and had a lovely roast dinner with the folks and getting back here was rather quick today. Might treat myself to a film in a bit so I'm nice and snuggled for bed for my new week. Can't believe it's week 2 already!
Now, I loved writing these blog posts, so let's do it all again this year! Let's find out what I like about this month, shall we?!
18 THINGS I ALREADY LIKE ABOUT JANUARY:
1. Portuguese Guys ~ Or more accurately: 'Don't Fuck The Portuguese Guy'. Best new years resolution ever. Even if I don't remember who it was directed to and why I made it. I really want to break it though..
2. Maroon 5's Animals ~ I don't know if it was the song itself or the video, but I've been unable to stop listening to it. I mean, it's a subtly filthy song and I love it for that exact reason. Or maybe it's...
3. ...Adam Levine ~ I'm going through a tattoo phase at the moment and the guy has some awesome tats. Plus, he's hugging meat in a freezer like a crazy man and that's just great!
4. Chocolate Milk ~ For both the health conscious adult in me who needs calcium and the young child who wants to believe that there is a separate udder for this magical beverage.
5. American Hustle ~ Even though it reminded me a tad of Wolf on Wall Street, I really enjoyed it; the outfits were great and man, Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence were killing it in there!
6. Electric Light Orchestra's Long Black Road ~ Perhaps my highlight of the film was this song and I haven't been able to stop listening to it since my first listen. It really is a great track! SO DAMN RETRO AND SEXY.
7. Hollyoaks ~ SO MUCH DRAMA IN ONE SHORT LITTLE EPISODE. Seriously, you got serial killers; folk who need to be in mental hospitals; twins who once banged and now have a teenage daughter. Jeez; that's just ONE story line.
8. Celebrity Big Brother ~ It's just so trashy that I love it. From the fighting, to the bitchiness, there is never not enough drama. It's the reality version of Hollyoaks, except no banging. Stop using the word banging..
9. Maryland Cookies ~ I just couldn't stop eating them. I kept trying to tell myself that one was enough, but who was I kidding. I demolished the whole packet in less than three days. Sheeeeeeit.
10. Grace Helbig ~ THE WOMAN IS A LEGEND. FROM HER VIDEOS, BOOK AND JUST GENERAL GRACENESS, I LOVE HER SO DAMN MUCH AND READING HER BOOK SHOWED ME THAT I'M GONNA BE FIIIIIINE.
11. Smiley Face Potatoes ~ They just bring out the kid in me and give this hopelessly depressed woman a reason to smile over dinner.
12. Chicken and Stuffing Sandwich ~ I FUCKING FOUND IT AND NOW MY NEW YEAR IS COMPLETE.
13. New Friends ~ As in my friends. I've really bonded with folk these few weeks and I've gotten closer to others, which makes me feel pretty good about things. Yay, friendship!
14. Skype ~ The only time you can talk for hours on end without paying and you get to see the person's face. You can also lie down and nap if need be. No one will judge. Unless you're dating - then expect photos to be taken and shown with all the friends.
15. Taylor Swift ~ The moment you watch Blank Space and realise you resemble Taylor Swift in a lot of ways, it's kinda hard not to like her.
16. Eyeliner ~ I'm really shit at it, but I vow to master it and become instantly sexy for all you sexy people out there and I can prove that I can be sexy. Right?
17. Drunk History ~ The first episode had Rob Beckett and Henry VIII - it was a perfect start and actually made me laugh. If I learnt history this way, I so would've got higher than a B!
Aaaaaand finally, 18. Cat Fights ~ The gif of all gifs that makes all the other gifs bow down to them.
And that's January sorted out. Let's return in a month and see what else I like. Maybe sleep will be more frequent and makes it onto the list. Oh how I miss sleep.